I love the library here at WCMC, and like being by myself here.
Never loved being in a Library so much. Even though its not that warm (temperature wise.)
Now this post is inspired by my evenings at 2 different reading rooms back home and how different they were from this place.
The library back in Med School. Initially, in the first year of med school, we used to be in herds. always together, kind of to prevent being accosted by Seniors. Then came second year, Nice. We had this feeling of having passed a huge obstacle but being the geeks that we were, the library was now sort of full of us and we were still in a herd, a smaller one though and that herd remained until the final year and even during internship. The Highlight, we did tea breaks together. Not just the tea, but Lunch, Tea, and Dinner and ofcourse the post dinner one hr back again. That kind of made our day. And every time one of us stood up, we'd make sure we'd stop by each others seats and have a quick hello-hi ,this-portion-is-so-vast-i-am-going-to-die conversation. Kept us happy.
The other library was the one near home. And guess what, we had pretty much managed to stick together too. So it was a bunch of old friends and a couple of new ones doing lunch, tea, and in between snacking together. Loved it.
Now, at WCMC, which happens to be my favorite as far as productivity goes, I concentrate like never before. But when I have to leave my seat, say to grab coffee or to the washroom., I simply don't know where to look. Straight ahead. Not a single smiling face. Happens in a place where you are the temporary.I have grown wise enough to not let this get to me, it just kind of pushed me to write.
Its notable though that most people I notice here are actually by themselves. Maybe in Twos at the most but never more. I haven't seen a Ru, Shru, Rutu, Rids, Miko, Dipu anywhere or for that matter (had to mention this group too) Ru, Rutu, Chak, Pri and the surprise package of Guest Appearances by Shru. Seems like they simply don't exist here. I think we were really rare. I don't know how much studying I used to get done but really, those were one of the best days of my life.
Anyway, I like it here because I do study well. and as far the Friends go, they are right where they need to be, in my heart.
Cheers to Studying.
Rucha
No comments:
Post a Comment