Monday, 12 November 2012

Memory lanes


Alright , So I'm busy reviewing answers from the qbank and I happen to hear the kids below calling out to one another, bursting crackers and laughing about. There's one kid, lets call her K, her friends are always calling out for her, they never leave her out of anything, and they are always shouting aloud for her to come down and play. She lives right below me, and I study just below the window (if I'd sit by the window, I wouldn't be able to study), so I'm pretty much witness to everything that goes on. She's a sweet one, and smart too....Like that.

Now, that kinda put me in Flashback mode and reminded me of how my friends used to call out for me. It was great.  Every evening, the one who would be down first would start calling out to the others. Well, out of the four of us, 3 were on the same floor, so they pretty much left together. And then the gang would spend all their time, telling me to hurry up, so the action could begin. and I would rush as if it was the biggest emergency of my life. Oh, Loved it so much.

Wish there was some special Memory device that takes me there whenever I feel like it.  To see myself back then and see how I was back then. It was such a long time ago. I remember the Crazy Secret Exploration expeditions to the Marshy Lands. It was great fun, walking in a line along ledges, with dirty sea water on both sides, looking for crabs, and gold fish, and going as far as we could to the dry ground on the other side.We would wonder if a cyclone was coming if it were too windy, and the best part was getting scared as hell and swearing not to go back if  we'd encountered any dangerous looking person out there - I would imagine that if there were Pirates then this would be a great place to hide the booty since the creek was so close and since the whole place was pretty much isolated , and my friends would think that this kind of place was a great place to hide for Murderers and stuff , and so we would postulate but we never stopped going back...until some dirty land owner built a warehouse along the route and it became impossible to go there without entering the stupid warehouse....and this was the end of our adventures to the marshes.

I learnt to ride a bicycle

The dances (I never danced)

Computer games - Roadrash and Sky(something)

Tom and jerry and music videos

Chatting

The card games and Language sessions in the Afternoon in the holidays....Uno, and Donkey Monkey, Gaddha Chor

Picnics in the garden...We were so stupid!!!

Badminton early in the morning and Morning walks....Singing on the road while we walked ( that road's so crowded now...can't even dream about five ppl walking and skipping about together in a row) and Jogging

And me being so sad about not going to Bharadwaj classes with Jisha, neha and Tanu.....and not getting their stories about their sirs and miss's.

And the bhootwala Building on Link road

Pakda pakdi, Dumsharaj, Corner Corner, Dubba Ex spies (that's how we pronounced it), Stop and Party,

And at the end of the day, when we'd all head back together, I would hate it that they'd all get off at 2nd floor  and i'd have to ride the elevator right upto the 6th floor (hahaha)....so the 3 of them would ride the elevator upto the 6th floor..drop me off and then head down....(I was just a year younger than the three of them but they treated me like a kid....the bespectacled serious but funny studious kid )...I  thought it would last forever....but it didn't....we grew up...I don't miss it.....I like being in my Twenties...but I'm glad I have such sweet memories......

To Jisha, Neha, Tanushree  (in alphabetical order)

and Akanksha, Monica, Nikita, Guddu, Purva , Babbu , Dimpi and there were more.....

No comments:

Post a Comment