My Little Fairy Tale on the side.
Once upon a time when I used to be a school girl, most likely in 7th or 8th grade, Mrs.Ghorpade , our Marathi teacher had just finished distributing our mid-term marks for the language and asked a particular girl why she didn't do too well. The girl (It wasn't me, I have always been a self-confessed Lingua-phile and a Logophile at that, although Marathi had been eluding me for quite a while, I still liked it.) said that she simply didn't like the language.
That's when Mrs.Ghorpade said something that still remains with me to this very day (she used to keep saying it in her class after that day,probably she too realised it was a gem)
" If you love Marathi, Marathi will love you back"
(I still remember Mrs.Ghorpade, she had that cute chocolate face and salt-pepper hair and she used speak such cute Marathi, sing Marathi lullabies in class and when she lost her temper she would even scream in Marathi, and was miserly as ever in giving marks.)
I have been struggling with Biochemistry for a Long Long while. I was beginning to loathe it and it was beginning to get on my nerves.
After much whining, suddenly all this came back to me.
So here goes,
I must try and love Biochemistry...its going to be difficult, it might be a one sided love story for a while... but if I pursue it wholeheartedly and really want it that bad, its going to have to Love me back.
And then, in the end
" I and Biochem will Live Happily Ever After Forever "
P.S.
STATUTORY WARNING : This rule only applies to the pursuit of you know...Knowledge, or the likes of it.
As far as people go - Not Applicable
Once upon a time when I used to be a school girl, most likely in 7th or 8th grade, Mrs.Ghorpade , our Marathi teacher had just finished distributing our mid-term marks for the language and asked a particular girl why she didn't do too well. The girl (It wasn't me, I have always been a self-confessed Lingua-phile and a Logophile at that, although Marathi had been eluding me for quite a while, I still liked it.) said that she simply didn't like the language.
That's when Mrs.Ghorpade said something that still remains with me to this very day (she used to keep saying it in her class after that day,probably she too realised it was a gem)
" If you love Marathi, Marathi will love you back"
(I still remember Mrs.Ghorpade, she had that cute chocolate face and salt-pepper hair and she used speak such cute Marathi, sing Marathi lullabies in class and when she lost her temper she would even scream in Marathi, and was miserly as ever in giving marks.)I have been struggling with Biochemistry for a Long Long while. I was beginning to loathe it and it was beginning to get on my nerves.
After much whining, suddenly all this came back to me.
So here goes,
I must try and love Biochemistry...its going to be difficult, it might be a one sided love story for a while... but if I pursue it wholeheartedly and really want it that bad, its going to have to Love me back.
And then, in the end
" I and Biochem will Live Happily Ever After Forever "
P.S.
STATUTORY WARNING : This rule only applies to the pursuit of you know...Knowledge, or the likes of it.
As far as people go - Not Applicable
No comments:
Post a Comment