Saturday, 30 June 2012

Of Loss and Reunions


Of Loss and Reunions.


So Khushi finally found Arnav.And Arnav, I hope, realised how much Khushi cares. There’s so much ‘Rabba ve’ and so much cliched melodrama but yes they manage to convince,rather beautifully. To love and to lose and to finally find it again. The stuff fairytales are made of. I ‘m surrounded by gross reality on this side of the screen, so are the actors shooting for the camera but somewhere deep down, we all need a little respite from all the sadness around us. At this point in my life ,it is not personal sadness that I’m talking about. Sometimes sad events in the lives of people you care about,( they may not be exactly close) to see them cope with a personal loss, forces you to put your life in perspective. Makes you value what you have and yes, fills you with a somewhat invisible fear of losing that. Its invisible because we don’t show it, we never discuss it (atleast I never do), but a deeper look in the eyes and you see it right there. And it is everywhere..
 Death is inevitable. Its been said innumerable times and we know it all too well. To cope with a personal loss is too difficult a matter to write about for me. To write about how one relates to another’s loss is something I’ve grown to learn. We all place ourselves in their place and its like going through imaginary hell. Tears come rolling when we can’t imagine being there, and you know you’re helpless. All  the world’s reasoning, power and philosophy comes to a standstill. That is the moment of the All consuming fear and dread. That’s when the tears roll..
So much said. We get on with our lives and slowly accustom ourselves to the realities we face.Praying that the ones in pain find stregnth everytime their thought hovers in my mind and trying to forget my own fears by making the others I live with and ‘for’ happy. We manage to get on with our lives.It is at such times that a Happy Reunion between people I know only from their onscreen stories, fills me with the hope of life, its little pleasures and the importance of caring.
So as for Arnav and Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada (who by the way is really resourceful and inspiring- she’s middle class,lively and filled with lot of good sense, joie de vivre and loads of gumption ) well I hope they continue their endearing squabbles and not get spoilt by stupid sub-plots.

No comments:

Post a Comment